Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Exciting Weekend




Hello there! So I just got off pretty much the best weekend ever! A brief summary:

On Friday I went shopping all morning with my friend Katy in an attempt to find a dress for Saturday's wedding. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one that I liked and could afford. However, I did find some jeans at Gap that I thoroughly enjoyed, and, as an added bonus, were 2 sizes smaller than my previous pair! It was nice to see some concrete evidence of the success of my New Year's Resolutions. :) After the shopping I went and picked up my sister and we made the 440 mile trek to St. Peters, Missouri for the wedding.

Saturday morning I got up and got uber sweaty working out in the hotel "exercise room" (aka: overheated room with an old man and three pieces of equipment). Had a delicious and free "hot breakfast" at the hotel (where Bunny and I stayed with three former swimmers, which was super fun), then headed to the wedding. Of course, my friend Michelle, looked gorgeous, and the wedding was simple yet elegant. Then Bunny and I headed back after the reception (and stopped at the Brazil Grill, see me and the humongous pork tenderloin, above) and arrived in Columbus at 1am.

Because I'm crazy, and despite the fact that I didn't go to bed until 3am that morning, I got up at 7am, worked out, and then made the 200 mile drive up to Detroit. Some may say it's a little nuts to drive 3 hours each way to see your favorite team play baseball, but I disagree. I just like being outside and watching live sporting events. Plus, I enjoy doing these things by myself--sometimes I find myself a little tired of being around people and always being "on" and trying to "entertain" them. So it's nice to just do something by myself and for myself. I got to Comerica Park in time to see the Twins' batting practice. I also made friends with the Tigers fans around me and saw the Twins win! Awesome.

I headed back after the game and headed over to my friend Courtney's apartment, where we ate "healthy" Papa Murphy's pizza and low-fat Edy's Mint Karaoke Cookie ice cream. It was so diculous, it was ridiculous. We also watched lots of SATC and Meet the Deedles. Quality.

Slept in Monday morning (I think this was justified after my crazy amount of driving and lack of sleep). Then came home, worked out, and headed over to my second family's house, where I made a diarama (sp?), which including making a 3 inch tall police officer and naked boy out of clay (is it summer yet? I'm getting really tired of school projects). Then we ate a delicious dinner and saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (my review: good...solid acting and chase scenes, but a little strange with the alien invasion at the end).

To round out the evening, I then went to my dad's place, where I watched the Bachelorette with Bunny and my dad. Bah--she should have given Ryan and Chris another chance, and should stop giving roses to Twilly and the speedo guy! But atleast Richard, Jason, and Jeremy are still in the running. All is well.

Sorry, that was a pretty boring and useless post, but I figured I would type something, and now I'll add a few pics. :) Later!

No comments: