Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home Sweet Home??


Hello again, everyone!

This past weekend my mom and I headed down to Galveston to look for an apartment. We looked at several that were close to both the medical center and the beach (ok, honestly, how hard is it to be close to the beach--it's an island that's only 2 miles wide). In any case, I was having a hard time deciding which apartment I liked. Well, we were at the medical bookstore and my mom was (of course) chatting it up with one of the women that works there, and who eventually set us up with a man named Bruno. Well, Bruno is in charge of all facilities at UTMB--parking, dorms, apartments, etc. and he has some apartments that he rents to students and residents. And guess what--one of them was available! It's not the fanciest place ever, but it just felt cozy and homey when I walked in. I didn't take any pictures, but here are the deets:

2 bedrooms (both good size)
1 bath
$610/mo (cheap!)
ceiling fans in every room!
balcony off the living room
literally, 1 block from the medical center
therefore, 1.5 blocks from the medical center workout facility and outdoor pool
<1 mile from the beach
<1 mile and on the same street as the grocery store
<1 mile and on the same street as the Original Mexican Cafe (delicious)

I'm actually pretty pumped about it. Supposedly these apartments are hard to come by, so I was really lucky that it kind of fell into my lap. I am going to be setting up the second bedroom as a guest room, so I'd better have some visitors! :)

Also, tonight was the last night that my softball team will play together. We had a double-header in the tournament, and unfortunately, lost in the second game by one run. We have been playing together for four years, and now it's over! :( This is a pic of us after our last game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.