Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, December 11, 2007





The program: So, IU has a solid program. They seem to do a good diversity of rotations and have five hospitals that they rotate at, including Wishard (a VA hospital that was built before the Civil War, second picture, above), and Methodist Hospital (a HUGE private hospital that is absolutely gorgeous, first picture, above). All their hospitals are right within walking distance, except for Methodist which is one mile away, and which you can get to by Monorail (aka: "The People Mover"). That's pretty sweet.

The city: I'm really not too keen on the city of Indianapolis. I guess there are some cool things to do, and it would be a good geographic location for me--close to Columbus, Champaign, and Chicago. I guess I wouldn't be diverting much off I-70 though. While in Indy I stayed with a girl from my class who was interviewing for peds at IU. Apparently the peds department is nicer than the surgery department, as they put her (and therefore, me) up at a super duper nice hotel downtown, with a sweet view (third picture, above).

The residents: I really can't say anything bad about the residents at IU. Most of them seemed happy, and I talked to a few who have had majorly productive research, which was cool. I had a million interviews that day--3 interviews with 2 people each, then 2 interviews with 1 person each--which was draining. I hope I don't have to do that anymore. I withhold further comments because, as my dad says, "be careful what you write, anyone can read that!"

No comments: