Monday, November 12, 2007

And here we go!

So tomorrow I leave for my first residency interview. This one's at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA. I'm actually pretty pumped to go to Philadelphia (even though I've heard it's a sketchy town), but I'm getting really nervous for the actual interview. I'm just telling myself to be myself, and I'm not sure I would want to move there for the next 5+ years anyway.

There has already been a kerfuffle with the hotel reservations....the cheapest one they offered me was the Holiday Inn for what I was told would be $89. When I called them, however, they told me the Temple University "deal" was $176--yeah right! So, when the lady said, "do you want me to hold it for you?" I responded with, "um, no!" and hung up. Fortunately, I found another hotel for $99 (yeesh, this is going to get expensive--fast), which is close to the medical center and the hotel where tomorrow night's reception is.

I'm hoping to have some free time on Wednesday post-interview and pre-flight home to check out the historic sites of Philadelphia (aka: The Liberty Bell). Some of the dudes that I'm working with right now pointed out that they would rather see the "Rocky stairs," but since I've never seen the Rocky movies, nor did I even know they took place in Philly, I think I'll opt for that old cracked remnant of our patriotic American past. That is, if I can find my way there....

Stay tuned for an update and pictures...

No comments: