Saturday, March 3, 2007

Almost home...

So, we did indeed go to find the Archivo de Indias, which was, in fact, ridiculously boring. Jamie and I got lost on the way there, but it didn´t matter that we got there 5 minutes before it closed, because it took us approximately 4 minutes to go through the exhibit. I definitely feel duped, because there were no Columbus documents...only some computer printed maps and an old canon. Atleast it was gratis (free), because I would have been mad if I had had to pay.

After the Archivo, we walked across the city to the Plaza de Espana, which is a huge building which was constructed for the Worlds Fair in 1929. It is actually really neat looking, and has huge murals of all the major cities along the front. These were made in an effort to advertise and promote Spain during the Fair. I also ate an ice cream treat shaped like a foot, which was awesome.

After that, Dan was supposed to meet up with his host family that he stayed with while he studied in Sevilla. Well, he got lost and so we ended up being late, and by the time we got back, the other Dan and Mia were asleep. So Dan, Jamie, and I went to a tapas place which had no tablets, only tile-mosaic stairs to sit on, which was kind of cool. Unfortunately, the chorizo was less than cooked and rather chewy. However, I did have the best zumo de naranja (orange juice) that I´ve ever had.

No comments: