Wednesday, June 4, 2008

T minus 20 hours

Holy moley! I will be a doctor at this time tomorrow. Weird.

Today I was thinking about how skewed my perspective has become since becomming a medical student. I mean, I'm around medical students all the time, and all (or most) of us are going to be doctors soon (as in, tomorrow, or in the next 3 years). This seems to me to be the norm.

But then I talk to my family and friends who aren't in medicine, and it seems that they are more excited about my being a doctor than I am! I think they realize how rare it is, while I have just become accustomed to the idea over the last four years.

I think we often need a reality check to realize just how awesome it is that we can be doctors. That not everyone can do it, nor does everyone want to do it.

I think we often forget how amazing it is and how lucky and blessed we are to be able to do something so fantastic, and something that we love so much, for a living.

Woo hoo!!!! Let the fiesta-ing begin! :)

No comments: